Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Looking to replace my Accutrigger!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Silver Member

Looking to replace my Accutrigger!!!

I know a lot of people love their Accutriggers, but I am not one of those people.
I am looking for a replacement trigger, but figured I would ask you guys for some advice on the best Accutrigger replacement before I buy one. The rifle is a Savage 7mm Rem Mag 111 Trophy Hunter XP. I've been looking at the Timney trigger, and Rifle Basix Trigger SAV-2 so far. Any info you guys could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Gold Member

Re: Looking to replace my Accutrigger!!!

If you would like a Sav 2 trigger, I have one I will pack up and send to you in a 1:1 swap, no money needs to change hands for your Accutrigger.

In my opinion, the example I have seems to have sloppy machining. The fit of the trigger blade in the housing is loose, the fit of the trigger pivot pin in the trigger blade and the housing is loose and as a consequence the trigger has a LOT of lateral movement (left to right).

I previously bought a Shilen trigger for my final Rem 700 and it was obvious that that all parts were held to tight tolerances. There was nothing remotely sloppy about it and it worked perfectly without having to adjust anything. At the time, I got the Shilen for $99. When I compare that to the asking price for the Sav 2 and look at how mine works, I could never possibly recommend it.