Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

long range shooting mat / rifle case any interest??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Platinum Member

Re: long range shooting mat / rifle case any interest??

Nate a huge congrats on your new addition !!
I'll try to get an E-mail out to you a a day or so about the other thing we were discussing , its not an issue , right now all you need to be worrying about is holding that baby
Cheers buddy ,I'll get an E-mail you to you in a bit
Old 11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
SPONSOR

Having a new addition to the family will push alot more than the mat project back!! Being a parent sure takes alot of time and effort but it's worth every bit of it!!!!

Congrats on your new addition and just keep me posted on the mats. I haven't bought one yet as I'm planning on getting one of yours.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

Well, good deal on the daughter. They are the good ones. Boys are fun but the girls pamper you........

I like her name......
Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Nate ,

I am late to this party but I am also interested in your shooting case/mat . I also want to say GREAT!! about how God has blessed your household with a miracle in progress , Unity Faith .

Take your time with the shooting mat /case thing and let first things be first .
I would also look at getting a commitment for first run production with a deposit on the orders ( 50 % is reasonable )

The other thing is to take your prototype to some companies with the facilities to produce it and get quotes for say 100 units or so .

May the Lord bless you and yours , specially that new one Unity .

Oh yeah ! I would be a customer for two of them @ 200 $ each [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jim B.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Gold Member

Nate, congratulations on the new family addition!

I think your mat looks awsome. I have one question. Now I do realize that the name of the game is long range. But lets say you're packing your rifle in that on your back with two straps and out from that little dip in the land 75 yards steps out that 190 mulie you've been looking for.

How quickly do you think you could get your rifle out to get a shot at him?

Cheers, and congrats again.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Gold Member

slopeshunter,
In reality probably not quick enough.
scenerio where I hunt:
rolling hills and wide open spaces. When approaching enemy territory,have your gun out of the case/mat and be ready for that quick shot then when you have reached your long range shooting area you lay out your mat for the wait.
I would never approach a possible close range shot with my rifle in the case. We don't have a lot of trees for cover where I hunt and you can walk for very long stretches of time without a possible close range shot, so I guess what I'm trying to say is there is nothing magical about this case/mat, but it fits my style of hunting to a "T"

FWIW,
308nate
Old 11-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for the reply Nate.

Cheers