Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Long Range Hunting Footwear Kenetreck Boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Bronze Member

Long Range Hunting Footwear Kenetreck Boots

I have to replace my old american made Rockys that are 8 years old and need to find some new ones. Unfortunately, all the crap I can find is made in China. I heard about some Italian made boots for a Bozeman company called KiniTrek. Has anybody heard about them?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range Hunting Footwear Kenetreck Boots

I have heard a lot of good about them. They are expensive, but what I've heard worth the money. I plan on buying a pair next time I get to a Sportsman Warehouse.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Silver Member

I just bought a pair earlier this year. I believe I have the hardscrable hikers, it's the 7 inch hiking boot. Just returned from British Columbia on a stone sheep hunt. They are a well-made boot and great for mountain hunting. I am very satisfied with these boots.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM

OK, so by the looks of my name, maybe I am slightly partial to the boots. Kenetrek is by far the very best hunting boots available on the market. We run a succesful guiding operation in British Columbia. My husband and I have been wearing Kenetrek boots for the past six years. I even had to wear a pair out of the box with no time to break them in. They were as comfortable the first day as they are now! We have many of the different styles and types. We are not without them. All our guides are now wearing them as well. They are made with the highest quality materials, and designed for comfort.
They have a facebook page as well as a newsletter sign up on their website. If you sign up for both you will be sure to get emails and updates with information on the products as well as promotional discounts!

www.facebook.com/kenetrek www.kenetrek.com
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Gold Member

+1 on the Kenetreks. They are by far the best boot built. I used to blow through a pair of Danners every year even when they were built in the good ol USA. I had one pair of the Chinese ones and they were complete junk!! I am on my Third year on the Kenetrek Mountain extremes and they are still in good shape. The break in time is like uh 5 minutes or so and they are still comfortable after a 10 hour grind.. You wont be dissatisfied.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Gold Member

+1 on the KENETREK. i use the non insulated for work/play/hunting. going to africa in a week, will let you know how i like them in that environment. Also, I had the same miserable experience with Danner, two years old, ruined 'em in Panama. JUNK
Old 07-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Bronze Member

I'm thinking of using a pair of the Hardscrabble or Desert Guide for the alpine hunting on the Western Coast og New Zealand. I suppose the wear on the boots Will be somewhat similar to BC?
I Wonder if the sole to leather bond on the sides on the Desert guide is strong enough? The rubber band on the Hardscrabble is a better solution I think.
It is more rainy in NZ, so I might consider the Desert Guide as it probably dry up again quicker. Wet boots are inevitable, so have mixed experience with insulated membrane boots... Wet boots for weeks on end destroys them pretty quick.. The Desert Guide seems ideal, provided it is greased up properly. I also tend to have warm feet, so don't like the membraneboots for that reason too.

How is the fit compared with other brands like Scarpa, Meindl, HanWag, kayland etc?

I have a wide forefoot, and don't have any stores selling them here in Norway, som might take the chance to order a pair..

Last edited by Villreinjeger; 07-09-2011 at 01:28 AM.