Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Life of Coppermelt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Life of Coppermelt

I'm not really a Ford fan either, but I have to admit that the GT is a hot car. A guy I know just drove down to San Antonio to pick one up for a cool $215,000! He drove it back and made it 12 miles before getting pulled over. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:28 AM

I experience slight pressure in bottles of coppermelt that have been stored with the lid tight for a long time. I now open the bottles from time to time to see if I get a "piift". Coppermelt does just fine when kept in it's original container. In the past I tried putting it in another plastic bottle and it killed it. Went back to the bottle and got the same fantastic cleaning results. Seems like a small price to pay, just leaving it in the original container. The first time I tried coppermelt I did'nt get any blue on the patch and was slightly dissappointed. Nest time cleaned it was just a lot faster and a lot less hassle.
Semper Fi
Old 07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Silver Member

Ok guys. Thanks for the info. I tried the questionable bottle out the other day on my .220 Swift-Copperfouler. It took about 2 more patches then usual to get it clean, but all in all it was still working. I guess that stuff can take some heat and still work.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that stuff can take some heat and still work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so because I ordered some and once delivered it'll probably be sitting on my front porch in the hot sun most of the afternoon before I can get home from work to take it inside. I'm hoping the UPS guy will hide it behind one of the flower planters we have. That'll shade it. Should be here today or tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Bronze Member

Me too.
I just received mine from Payson Sports and Trophy (thanks goodgrouper) on a 105 degree day from UPS. Straight from the truck the box and (2) bottles inside were about as hot as I would imagine they could get under those conditions. Have'nt tried em yet. Hope they are still good.
BTW, Payson Sports and Trophy returned my voicemail, took my VISA info and had it to me in CA. in 2 days!
As I venture away from the supposed K.I.S.S method, I hope this stuff isn't too complex for me to use!
Then again, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

It is so simple to use, each time you use it you will appreciate it more and more!