Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Leica Geovid 10x

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Silver Member

Leica Geovid 10x

I purchased a refurbished set of these off Ebay late last fall and really gave them a good workout today. After using the single ocular Leica's as well as an older set of geovids that only went to 999 yards, I can tell you the difference is remarkable. The New geovids ranged out to the max 1300 yards on non-reflective targets (trees, tree trunks, brick, dirt and such) regularly although sometimes you had to steady them better or try it a time or two. These measurements were made in the afternoon sun with tons of mirage, wind and haze (80% humidity). The most difficult measurement was made across a hot rooftop at a treetop some 1120 yards away, this took 4 tries, but it was repeated a few minutes later with the results within 3 yards of the first measurement. Repeatability is outstanding, much better than both the nikon I used to have and a Leica 1200 scan. I am truley dumbfounded by the quality that has gone into the optics as well as the range finding electronics. I paid less than 1600 shipped for these and consider them one of the best investments I've made for shooting equipment.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 05-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Leica Geovid 10x

Damn [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Have a rifle coming that will outshoot (from what Meister validates and others have said) my Leica 1200 scan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Need a new scope [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Need a drag bag [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Need a br bipod [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So much time and so little $ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If I wouldn't feel like I'm robbing a little kid of something really important I'd call the Make a Wish Foundation [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Silver Member

I just bought a new eagle dragbag with scope and crown covers, still waiting for them to grow enough material to make them. We ordered about 5 grand worth of stuff from them about 3 weeks ago, nothing has showed.

But on a good note, the UPS guy just dropped me a 3'x1'x8" box that says Lapua on the side of it WEEEEEE!

WWW.Gem-tech.com
Old 05-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

Yea....there ya go again! I think the drag bag was number 2 on my above list. That one is 49" long. I need at least 53.

Miester...no more posts please, I'm in agony here.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

Well, I'll at least wait until I get back from my hunting trip to review about 6 pieces of new gear. These items include a couple silencers, Night Vision scope, a new varmint bench, a new rifle(if done in time), and some Eagle gear. Along with that will hopefully be a 1500y PDog smacking. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WWW.Gem-tech.com
Old 05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

OK.....I'll tuffin up by then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Life is good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Gold Member

thanks for the review on the geovids. I've been looking at the same refurbished ones on ebay, and was getting ready to get the 10x ones.

so thanks again for confirming the goodness of those sweet things! have fun, and can't wait to hear the results and see the pics of your upcoming hunt...take care, jon