Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Lawton M7500 and M8000 receivers in shop!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Lawton M7500 and M8000 receivers in shop!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Late this week I had a package arrive from Dillon Montana. Inside were two receivers I had ordered from them less then 4 weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Lerch and I should order a Lawton. Looks like it might make it before our bolt gets back from BAT!!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Wildcat,

Yes, this is your receiver. Now we just have to wait on the other componants!!!

I will try to get some pics posted of these two receivers.

You will not need a Badger Ord Tact knob. There is one on it that is extremely similiar and the bolt lever is quite substantial so you will not need to change anything.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Bill,

You are probably correct but your barrel is a bit large for the Lawton receiver which is only 1.6" in diameter. Your truck axle is 1.750" in diameter!!!

I did get an order of BATs in last week. They are the ones I ordered right before I shipped your bolt back so hopefully not to much longer??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Fifty, that's awesome, I can't believe it's already there. I can't wait to see the pics. Also, that's cool about the Knob, and handle. So know all we need is the Stock, Barrel, rings and trigger. How long does Lilja take on their barrels. I know it will take about 18 to 20 weeks for the A-5. I am getting real excited!!!!

Jake
Old 10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
SPONSOR

Now if Nesika was that fast on getting bolts, we would have it made. I know, patience, patience, patience..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Bill & Lerch, are you guys just waiting on the bolt, or the whole action. Did you already have a BAT action that was set up for a different caliber and your just having a new bolt made. If it's just the bolt your waiting for, man, I can't believe it's taking them that long.
I would let you have my Lawton M8000 action and have Kirby order me another M8000 so you could get your project started. However, the diameter is 1.60, and I know the diameter of your barrel is 1.75. I am really sorry!!! I hope you guys get your bolt soon. I am sure Kirby is pretty upset aswell. How long have you guys been waiting for your bolt.
I hope Lawton continues to be quick on their delivery time. However, it looks like the Lawton Actions are as good as BAT's, so I am thinking they are going to get real busy, real soon. When this happens, I am sure their delivery time will be a little longer. However, if Lawton continues to make a quality product with a quick turn around time, the other action makers are going to have to change the way they do buisness.
Once again, I hope you guys get your bolt soon. I want to hear about your 338 AM and how she performes in the field. I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Wildcat
Old 10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
Bill & Lerch, are you guys just waiting on the bolt, or the whole action. Did you already have a BAT action that was set up for a different caliber and your just having a new bolt made. If it's just the bolt your waiting for, man, I can't believe it's taking them that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's just the bolt and me neither!! I'm not sure how long we've been waiting on the bolt but we started this little project back in Dec of '05.