Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Krieger barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

Krieger barrels

I have to hand it to Krieger barrel company. I just broke in a new 6mm 13.5" twist for the upcoming season and I'm happy to report that it is hands down the best barrel I have ever seen. It broke in with one shot and has yet to produce one blue patch! I have tried several loads in it with several powders and it is shooting in the "zeros" already at 100 yards with many of them. It is very easy to tune and even easier to clean.

I have broken-in tons of barrels and have never seen one this good. Whatever Krieger is doing nowdays, I hope they keep it up for years to come!!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Platinum Member

That's nice! another fly buster... I hope it wasn't just you getting lucky though I'm glad you were if that's the case.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Silver Member

SUUUHWEEEEET!! I have not yet owned a Krieger but that is about to change. Kirby is building me a switch-barrel and has ordered three new Kriegers for it. They are great pipes, no question, but I don't expect they are all like the one you just broke in. I can hope though.

Festus
Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

I must agree as far as single point cut tubes go they are the gold standard. For that matter they are the gold standard for all tubes IMHO.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member

Good luck with that hummer barrel GG. I hope you give em hell at the cactus this year.

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
I must agree as far as single point cut tubes go they are the gold standard. For that matter they are the gold standard for all tubes IMHO.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have used Krieger barrels on many of my customers projects and a couple of my personal rifles. I have never had anything but good to say about them. While Most of the barrels I have chambered took a bit more break in then what GG had with his barrel, they are no different then the other top end barrels and they have all been very accurate.

I like them because they are much harder then a button pulled barrel and they seem to hold up better to high intensity chamberings, yet they do not pose any machining problems like some of the ultra hard barrels can give you.

Because of this, I have started offering these as first option on my more extreme chamberings such as the 7mm AM and 338 AM. I still use and like Lilja barrels and use them more then any other barrels but have to admit that the Krieger barrels are extremely good barrels.

Only draw back I see is the time frame for a custom barrel from them. Generally 20-24 weeks compared to 9-10 weeks for a Lilja. THat said, most of the other componants of a custom rifle build will take longer then this so if you plan a project well and order componants at the right times, there will be no more delay in the final product then there would be with any other barrel.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Lightvarmint

Lets see, Lawton, Rock, Lilja, and now Kreiger. :o

A lot of us have been using Krieger barrels for some time and they do break in fast. They do shoot well and they hold up well. I like them and I recommend them whenever the potential customer has the patience to wait on them. They are worth the wait.

They really shoot well with the Henson Aluminum tipped bullets. As GG says in the zeroes.

James