Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Kimber 84m with Kahles multi-zero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Silver Member

Kimber 84m with Kahles multi-zero

All right guys,
Just got back from my deployment, no big deal at all. I couldn't wait to get on the range and try out my new baby. First of all I would like to say that this rifle is right out of the box, no mods. I wanted something that I could take to the range and shoot over and over again and not worry about recoil, and barrel heat. I choose the 308 and loaded up some 168 SMK's. This rifle is a dream to shoot and I felt as if I could group any way that I wanted. It felt as if I had been shooting this rifle for years. Turns out that the rifle that I "Got a good deal on" is now my favorite to shoot. Not to mention that she is easy on the eyes with her high end wooden stock and the stainless fluted barrel. Yeah guys, I can't say enough about this rifle. All I can say is outstanding results and I can't wait to shoot her again. This is by far the best "out of the box" rifle that I have ever shot. I hate to say it, but she puts my weatherbys, remmys, and wins to shame.

Oh yeah, that Kahles 4-12x52 multi-zero is a very cool toy.
Standby for pics.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Kimber 84m with Kahles multi-zero

Congrats on your new toy. I am very interested on feed back in regards of the Kahles multi. I havn't heard much for feed back on this model and I am interested in its return to zero accuracy and if its user friendly with adjustments.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

Wade, I have not toyed with the multizero function, just the regular mode. There are three modes A,B, and C. There are five zeros that you have to set. It's going to be a all day job. You know what I mean.
Brandon
Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Silver Member

Duck,
That is one fine looking piece of wood on that rifle! Looks great and shoots too, that is a tough combo to beat. Good luck with it.

And thank you for serving for those of us that can't.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Silver Member

Duck, she's a beauty and just like all Kimber rifles, she's a shooter. I own a 223 model 82, the one that came out of Oregon before the company was bought and moved to New York and I'm telling you, the quality of wood and the fit and finish is superb. Just don't get rough on that rifle though. I lost count on how much tears I had shed on mine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

RBrowning,
Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit one thing though. I just got accepted for a recruiting job back down South (close to home.) I'm threw with unknown schedules and loooong deployments. I did it for the first ten years, and it was fun. Now it's time to settle down and shoot, hunt, and fish more.
Thanks bud,
Brandon
Old 04-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

Desert Fox,
You are exactly right, they are great shooters. The only thing is that they are not as popular as the other brands. I don't know why because I'd recommend one to anybody.
Brandon