Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

KG-1 & KG-12 Bore Cleaning Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: KG-1 & KG-12 Bore Cleaning Products

Yeah, who's to say. I've used a bunch of other products over the years also. The KG-12 worked both quickly and efficiently for me. I'm not trying to sell the stuff. Just sharing some info. like you. Good shooting to ya!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

I'd also have to agree that the KG-1 and KG-12 are the best I've ever used, and believe me I REALLY HATED to admit having the same opinion as Phorwath. :^)

I think I've tried them all over the years and have been using WipeOut for the last 5 years or so just because up until I found the KG products, I thought it worked the best. Even recently tried the Montana Extreme, I thought I had given myself brain damage the first time I opened the bottle - damn that stuff is STRONG SMELLING, I gave that **** away quick! Not near as good as the KG stuff and to use it safely, so as not to have any deformed kids or brain damage, I think a guy would be wise to only use it after putting on a fully self contained breathing apparatus suit. The KG products don't hardly have a smell, either that or I fried my nose after opening that bottle of Montana Extreme.

Anyway, a thumbs up for the KG-1 and KG-12!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymule View Post
I'd also have to agree that the KG-1 and KG-12 are the best I've ever used, and believe me I REALLY HATED to admit having the same opinion as Phorwath. :^)

Anyway, a thumbs up for the KG-1 and KG-12!
Now that didn't hurt too bad..., did it?

Others really like Bore Tech Eliminator. I'd like to hear someone sound in that has compared the two. It's about the only other product I'm inclined to try, but as well as KG-1 and KG-12 work for me, I can't see spending the money - - - yet.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Now that didn't hurt too bad..., did it?

Others really like Bore Tech Eliminator. I'd like to hear someone sound in that has compared the two. It's about the only other product I'm inclined to try, but as well as KG-1 and KG-12 work for me, I can't see spending the money - - - yet.
I always used boretech eliminator and I thought it was amazing stuff cause it would show copper where the other copper remouvers had stoped showing any sings of copper(wipe-out cr-10 sweets7.62). I read all the stuff about KG-12 and decided to get some and try it out at home, so I did a home test I put liquid of boretech and KG-12 in 2 seperat cups weighed 2 160gr accubond and started the test, after 1hr-KG12 remouved 1.5grains
after 7hr-KG12 remouved 5.5grains
after 24hr-KG12 remouved 7grains and boretech eliminator after 1week remouved absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! All i can say is wow. Now maybe boretech works better when the copper is left in the bore from the bullet, but remouvig copper from a bare bullet it did nothing, while KG12 freaked me out , that good!
Elmer