Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Karsten Hansen cheekpiece

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

Karsten Hansen cheekpiece

Mine arrived yesterday after a 5 month trip around the globe whislt some or other postal service (probably mine in South Africa) messed up. The package had been neatly opened, but was resealed by the postal service with tape saying "found opened or damaged and resealed etc.".

I'm very happy with the product. It's solid and well made. You almost need to factor it in for your overall weight before building your rifle :-) ok, before that puts you off; not quite, but a nice "last forever" feel to it.

It seems like it should be easy to fit and should work well on most any factory stock. It will fit my A5 just fine. It has a nice matte textured finish on the external surface.

I've seen others (not sure whose product though) that were sort of thin and flimsy - this is something else. I'll measure the kydex with my micrometers and let you know. It's the most cost effective way I could arrive at for getting decent cheekweld. I'm not a fan of the little baggies and strap ons (cheek pieces that is :-)).

Karsten was good to deal with; and remained helpful despite all of the shipping issues getting it across the water. Best of all for me in South Africa - he replies to e-mail and I didn't need to spend a cheekpiece value in phone calls to him. And he replies when I'm at the office in the mornings; not sure what hourse he keeps, but that was pretty conveneient too.

Recommended. Karsten's Custom Camo
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Silver Member

Re: Karsten Hansen cheekpiece

Have one also, installed it for the Savage Shoot on my F/TR 308 and worked very well indeed
Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Silver Member

I got lazy - I just measured it with a tape measure. it's about 4mm thick.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Can we see some pics guys?