Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Joe Russo Laminate Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM

Re: Joe Russo Laminate Stock

OverBore

All of the McMillan hardware can be used on my laminated stocks, they just need to be modified to accept it. A competant gunsmith with a milling machine and a little time would turn out a nice stock. Adjustable cheek piece, butt spacers, and flush cups are all pieces that can be ordered seperately from McMillan.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

d-a: many thanks. Will do when I am finished with my experimental stock: 28" Vias muzle braked, 300wsm tight neck chambered in prototype metal and carbon fiber tac stock bedded with a vented bedding block. Joel's stock will be next for a "F" class 6.5 I am compiling componets for already. Will be shooting off a Seb co-axial rest just received. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Overbore
Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Silver Member

Very nice stock. I saw some of these on ebay about 2 weeks ago. I also went and looked at the other thread about the A-5L. Very nice looking stock, but from what was explained and the lack of lead time, I have a feeling these are being made by richards microfit. Their lam tactical stocks with a 3-3.5" in foreend sell for about $180-190. On the other site they also recomended a sealer that cost $200 a gallon, wow!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Silver Member

Email sent again.

Thanks
Frank D
Old 06-12-2006, 09:08 PM

Frank,

E-mail sent back to you.

Robbor,

I'm glad you like my stocks. However, I don't think you found any of them on e-bay. A tactical stock maybe, but not my A-5L. "I" make these stocks, and I can assure you that they do not come from Richards. Yes, delivery time is about three weeks, and I work like hell to meet that time frame. Perhaps you should contact Richards and ask them if they are in any way involved with the manufacturing process. Sorry if I sound harsh, but what would make you think they are being made by anyone but me. There are about 15 pages of info on my stocks on the "other" long range hunting forum, and nowhere in any of those pages did I state that they are being made by anyone but myself. There are a few gentlemen on these forums that will back me up.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Silver Member

After I replied I want back and looked at the other 10 pages and saw your updated lead time of 2-3 weeks and that clarifies that they are not from richards as they take forever from what Ive heard. As for ebay, they used the same milling pic that I believe you posted on the other site. I was impestted by the clone A5 stock and save it to favorites. They state:
This is a laminated version of McMillans A5 synthetic stock. It is inletted for a rem 700 long action right hand, heavy varmit taper barrel channel, and has a 3 inch wide forearm. It is not a drop-in stock some work must be accomplished by owner for proper fit and finish. The stock will not work for my application and therefore I need another stock. It is desert camo color which is light tan and brown laminates. The rifle stocks contained in the picture are examples only. The lower stock is close to the Desert Camo except it does not have the greeen or grey colors.

That was item # 7239085438 if you want to look it up.
They were asking $280.
You can also try this link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 06-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Gold Member

That stock on e-bay was davesosok's that he sold to ceg1963.

d-a