Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

It's Here!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member

It\'s Here!!!!

Well, my McMillan A-5 stock just showed up, Thank God. It took much longer than 12 weeks, but it's here and now I can give it to my gunsmith to start my 6x284 project. Wow, McMillan makes a great stock and now that it's here, I guess the wait was worth it. I will always use McMillan stocks on my projects, I just hope they get better with their delivery time promises.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: It\'s Here!!!!

Mine came today as well, looks great except it is inletted for a short action. I dont own any short actions and I think i am just gonna send it back and cancell my other stock as well. If you pay 1200 for 2 stocks you should get them when promised as well as for the right length action.

I and Mcmillian am glad some one still will put up with poor customer service, i dont have too.

d-a
Old 08-18-2006, 01:03 AM
daveosok

NE1 need a left handed McMillan stock new never used short action rem 700. LOL sorry had to do it Da.

It sure is pretty I bet, we can use it this weekend to prop up some bean sprouts in my food plot since its good for a steak and nothing more.

Good ole McMillan wait 4 months for the wrong dang stock, great customer support and great prodcuts. Maybe theres a key to this, instead of ordering what you want just let them send you what they want LOL. Then you build the gun around what they send you seems to me this way at least youll always have something you can build on.

Should have gone with Joel Russo's stocks, I know you gotta do work to them but hey you could have done a hell of a lot of work in 4 months time and had it where you want it. instead well nevermind lol I just think its funny 1200 bucks and you end up with something you cant use.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Mine came today as well, looks great except it is inletted for a short action. I dont own any short actions and I think i am just gonna send it back and cancell my other stock as well. If you pay 1200 for 2 stocks you should get them when promised as well as for the right length action.

I and Mcmillian am glad some one still will put up with poor customer service, i dont have too.

d-a

[/ QUOTE ]

hi DA
i would be very interested in how they deal with this,and how long they say it will take.
as i had a problem with one but managed to get the work done over hear (UK) because of the logistics of sending it back.

after waiting for that time for your stock and then get it wrong,i would be surprised if there is a stock to send back.
thanks
Colin
Old 08-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Should have gone with Joel Russo's stocks, I know you gotta do work to them but hey you could have done a hell of a lot of work in 4 months time and had it where you want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Gold Member

I have already asked him if he can dup the stock. Just waiting on the reply. if he can i will send it to him, then back to mcmillian.

d-a
Old 08-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Bronze Member

Its just a thought but why not offer to sell it to someone on here for what you have in it. Might save someone months of grief and frustration.
Its a shame a great company has grown so fast that there reputation is suffering due to managments lack of insight into customer relations. As long as the military is there big buyer there isnt much going to change for the little guys. But then again every company that put there main effort into military contracts suffered in the long run.