Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

iphone for ballistics program?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: iphone for ballistics program?

I use an app called BulletFlight on my iPhone. It retrieves local weather if you tell it to. You can put your own loads / gun in... bullet BC's... it has a database too. It's not Loadbase but it is pretty good.

Even though I have the app on my phone I also typed in the range tables for my scope / rifle combo calculated from LoadBase. I just used the built in Notes app on the phone and typed in the info after Loadbase calculated it. Kind of handy to have a range card right there...

Mac's in my opinion do photo's and movies very well. They are also great for networking and internet connectivity. I use a Mac for my photography stuff and PC's for my "real job" but only because I don't want to trash out my Mac's with PC software