Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Imperial Size Wax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Gold Member

Imperial Size Wax

I have been trying this out to size some cases. How do those who use it apply it to the cases? The press arm seems to take more force than when case spray lube is used.

I just rubbed my fingers in the wax and rubbed them on the case. Do I need to rub harder to worm up the cases or what?

Thanks

Stephen
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Imperial Size Wax

Just smear some on your index and middle fingers and thumb. Then with those 3 fingers, starting at the base, smear the lube up the body and around the neck. You may need to twist the case as you smear it so as to get a good layer around the whole case. If done properly, this method should be much easier to size vs. spray lube and without causing dimples in the cases as spry lube tends to do.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

I put on a pair of nitrile or latex gloves, put some on the palms - then I grab 3 to 5 pieces of brass at a time and roll them between my palms. I put the lubed brass in my lubed rack. I do 50 - 200 at a time and this is very fast. I wear one glove while I'm resizing (to handle the brass). No wax to wash up and my press handle stays clean.

Once I read about Imperial on this forum (and tried it) - I would never use anything else. The stuff is amazing. You dont need much.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
I wear one glove while I'm resizing (to handle the brass). No wax to wash up and my press handle stays clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea! I work in the Pharmacy so I'll pick some up at work.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

[ QUOTE ]
I would never use anything else. The stuff is amazing. You dont need much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Silver Member

RCBS Case Lube-2

Water soluable which is easier to clean up, and with my experience Imperial will give you about .001 more sizing than the RCBS. If it's a huge case the Imperial might be better, but I've never had a problem with the RCBS and pad. JMHO

Eddie Fosnaugh
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Silver Member

Imperial I used it for the 50 BMG and I ended up with a bunch about 20 match prepped match cases split. It does work for the smaller calibers ,

Thanks,Keith