Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Help! Need Advice on Bino/Rangefinder harness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Silver Member

Help! Need Advice on Bino/Rangefinder harness

I am in the market for a harness that will hold not only my binoculars, but also my rangefinder. Cabela's offers harnesses and harness/bags that are designed only for binoculars, but I need one that will hold both bino and rangefinder. This would ideally involve a harness attached to a bag that has two compartments: one compartment for the binos and one for the rangefinder.

Any information on where I can buy such a device would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry
Old 03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

Re: Help! Need Advice on Bino/Rangefinder harness

FHFGear.com
Belgrade, Mt.
Custom made, little pricey, may be a long wait, super quality/durability, but worth every penny.

I have not seen any system more practical, durable or useable.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Crooked Horn:

Crooked Horn Optics and Optics Accessories

The "RF Hookup" has the traditional bino straps with a separate strap and pouch for your range finder. I mounted the RF on my left side so it wouldn't interfere with my rifle.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Silver Member

I have a partner who hunts with me and carries the rangefinder separately. We sort of split the duties, works out great. If you must have each one you might as well grab a backpack type gear such as a MOAB RUSH pack or something like this.. very versatile and is easy to access.. that is what I do when I go out by myself. Usually when I find a yote he will be coming at us so range finding is not really an option accept to use a ballistic type reticle. .I am 90% of time using my reticle to estimate range because there's no time before it will be able to see (or snif) us out.. . if a long shot is needed we will have time to stalk and get into a good position, from there sure we will pull the rangefinder out and check for those 400-800 yds or more.. but to each his/her own I guess !
Lever
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Silver Member

I'm used to doing it the hard way, I suppose. I like to find rocks or other objects, range them, memorize the ranges, then use those ranges when a coyote arrives. That way, I don't have to fumble around to range the animal itself. Besides, horsing around with a range finder when I need to stay still and be quiet may well cause the animal to see me and hightail it out of there. I hate when that happens.... ):(
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Bronze Member

Alaska Guide Creations has a great harness. Not sure how big your LRF if. I ended up buying a Eberlestock small bag that I attach to the side of this one. Works out really well.