Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Help, light sling for hunting rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 PM

Re: Help, light sling for hunting rifle

I use the slogan sling also. I have the sling on a couple rifles and on the kids rifles. We wont
use anything else. The sling is light and is the only sling that absolutely will not slip off your shoulder, much stickier than the neoprene type slings or those with the grip padded areas. Got a bunch of leather, cordura, neoprene slings gather dust.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Bronze Member

I have a Butler Creek Neoprene with the cartridge holders. And was looking for a sling for my new rifle and ordered the Slogan. Liked it and going to get another to replace the Butler Creek. The cartrigde holders are a nice feature on the B.C. but it doesn't stay in place like the Slogan does. For staying in place it does that better than any sling I have seen. I find frequent repositioning of a sling very annoying. The Slogan's grip very well. With the Slogan you can move the rifle on your back when needed where it stays. And doesn't go across your throat/neck like the other slings do.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Gold Member

Ive used the Slogan outdoors sling for years and swear by them. I cant say enough good things about them. they wont slip off your shoulder and work perfectly as a hasty sling to shoot from.