Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

help on chooosing a chronograph

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: help on chooosing a chronograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP9 View Post
I know others that got them and in less than a year, they sold them and bought others.
What were the specific problems? Were they with the newer M2 or the older Millennium model?

The only Chrono I would trade my M2 for is a 35P. And if I had to add much $$ to the deal I would keep the M2.

m249: Do some searching and I think you will find BHP9's experience unusual.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
What were the specific problems? Were they with the newer M2 or the older Millennium model?

The only Chrono I would trade my M2 for is a 35P. And if I had to add much $$ to the deal I would keep the M2.

m249: Do some searching and I think you will find BHP9's experience unusual.
These were the Newer M2's.

A friend that sold his before the year was up had false readings, wouldn't read, dies. I think he told me that it was repaired twice.

Stercus Accidit.

Nice try means you suck spelled different.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP9 View Post
These were the Newer M2's.

A friend that sold his before the year was up had false readings, wouldn't read, dies. I think he told me that it was repaired twice.
Well, glad mine and the half dozen others I know of in regular use around here are not having those problems!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Bronze Member

Man looks like I'm not going to be able to rush into this I'll have to spend a few hours looking around to see if anyone has had problems with it. So far it seems that CED M2 is the best choice, please anyone that has one of these chrony's put in your 2 cents I'm all ears...
Old 12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Gold Member

I got a ced-m2 it has not been good for me; the Infra-red screens lights aren't coming on. you have to wiggle the connector where it goes into the screen to get the lights to come on; then they won't stay on so i am calling monday to see if they will fix it. It's about a year old; i have had trouble all year; sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I just now notest the lights aren't working; maybe its been that way for a long time. So I will let you know if they will stand behind it.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new shooter View Post
I got a ced-m2 it has not been good for me; the Infra-red screens lights aren't coming on. you have to wiggle the connector where it goes into the screen to get the lights to come on; then they won't stay on so i am calling monday to see if they will fix it. It's about a year old; i have had trouble all year; sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I just now notest the lights aren't working; maybe its been that way for a long time. So I will let you know if they will stand behind it.
I have the IR screens for mine but rarely seem to need them. How does it do with regular screens? Or with the IR screens not turned on?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Gold Member

I have never used the reguler screens. Forgot i had them. That the trubble getting old. I called today they said send it back they will send new ones great.