Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Harris Pod Lock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Harris Pod Lock

Does the Pod Lock for S series Harris bipods truly lock that mechanism from swiveling or does it still allow some swiveling when the trigger is pulled?

Right now my right friction lock leg shortens a bit everytime I fire--must be the right twist rifling? So, I purchased a Harris S with the leg notches thinking I would solve that problem. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but is sure seems that no matter how hard I tighten the knob (tried a wingnut on there too), it swivels quite easily. Have I just traded one problem for another?

Thanks for the input.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Harris Pod Lock

You can set it to your preference, whether that is to allow a slight swivel if you want or you can lock it down so it won't swivel.

I've got both types of bipods with the PodLocs although I really prefer the notched legs.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

Thank you, ss7mm. I have already ordered the Pod Lock hoping this would lock it down solid. From your post, it sounds like it will do that. Thank you.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Silver Member

I got my pod lock from t-nuts for 1/3 the price of anywhere else and it is a quality item. T-Nuts.com
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for reminding me -I just ordered 3 more!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Lost, I wish I would've known about that a day or two ago! Well...hopefully it'll help someone else out. No reason not to get one at those prices. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Platinum Member

jmden,

You'll be happy with yours! I really like mine, level up that bubble, lock it and you're in business! ;)

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!