Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Harbor Freight vibratory case polisher ...Round 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Harbor Freight vibratory case polisher ...Round 2

A while back , maybe 6 months ago , not sure , anyway I posted a review of the Harbor freight vibe polis unit as to initial impressions and about vibratory case polishers in general. Specifically touching on longevity .

Tired of paying 100+ dollars for big name units that would fail in 6 months to a year without any recourse for replacement I bought a Harbor freight unit for 49.99 on sale ( normally 59.99 ) and paid 6 bucks extra for the 1 year extended warranty . I was thinking that if they lasted asbout the same as the other units I had been buying I would come out ahead for a long time . Only paying 6 bucks every 6 months to a year for the extended warranty on the replacements they would be giving me .

Well its been less than a year and I think more than 6 months and it passed away last night . Naturally I couldn't find my paperwork and had failed to register it online ...oohh boy!

I took to the store anyway and the girl at the counter said no dice but called the manager anyway . I explained to him the deal and he went and got a new one and I paid him 6 bucks for a 1 year warranty on this one and the paperwork is in my safe [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I figure I could do this 10 times and still be a bit less than buying a big ticket polisher I couldn't get replaced .

Now , if only Weatherby could attend the same customer relations school [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim B.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Harbor Freight vibratory case polisher ...Round 2

[ QUOTE ]
Naturally I couldn't find my paperwork and had failed to register it online ...oohh boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Robert Burns poem about some mouse he ran over while plowing.

[ QUOTE ]
The Best Laid Plans O' Mice and Men Gang Aft Aglay

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Yes.... they more than " oft go awry "

But hey ! Bob ! , I got a new one this time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and my paperwork is " before me/ you ) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

At present it is downstairs beating its little brains out which is what it was designed to do.

I will let you all know how it goes come round 3.

Jim B.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Gold Member

Jimm.. you gotta quit polishing those bowling balls man! Just because you can squeeze it in the top of the tumbler don't mean thats the best way to get it shiny! Id offer you my tumbler... but I don't want it dead yet. Its run 4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week since I bought it in 2001. its the blue one from midway. By my public school math thats better than 2000 hours easily. Youre not by chance running these off a timer are you?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member

Adam,

I didn't read anything in the destructions about no bowling ball polishing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Looking at the Frankford arsenal unit it appears identicl to the harbor freight unit except for color , and no , no timer .

Oh yeah, unit number two died on its second day [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Here I go again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim b.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member

jimm,

My neighbor, Mungus Beck, made a couple of those things with a small electric motor, a light dimmer thinger and a salad bowl with snap on lid. It's variable speed and is years and years old.

I'll get some pics and specs.

Also, the motor is most probably available in your kitchen. Though, I don't know that the boss lady would say about how quiet the dish washer is running. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Steal the mixmaster- it already has a variable speed motor. You will just have to go without any cake on your birthday. She will probably get back in a good mood in about two weeks.