Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Group Buys - Chronograph

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Silver Member

Group Buys - Chronograph

Hi guys,

Does this forum practice in 'Group Buys'?

I am looking at making a purchase in the near future and wondering if anyone would like to participate or help me get numbers together to participate in a Group Buy. Perhaps there is a sponsor or on-line shop here that can give us a good price on Chronographs, say a group of 5 or 10?

Maybe there is a resident expert who does this sort of thing all the time and is a 'trusted' member of the forum...

There are two I'm interested in:

1. PACT - Professional XP
  2. CED - M2
Please advise on any procedure I'm unaware of.

Note: I would make a purchase from the U.S. as the dollar for me is good right now and generally can get it much cheaper.;)

Thanks all.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: Group Buys - Chronograph

Not sure about the group buy question. But I have owned both of those Chronos and the CED M2 is far, far, far superior.

The PACT timer/chrono combo gives you a less than ideal timer and less than ideal chrono. If you need the timer too then the little CED timer is also outstanding.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Silver Member

Hi there Forester,

Thanks for your reply there.

I am interested in the CED M2 as my preference too - just seems to be the better one for me...

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Not sure about the group buy question. But I have owned both of those Chronos and the CED M2 is far, far, far superior.

The PACT timer/chrono combo gives you a less than ideal timer and less than ideal chrono. If you need the timer too then the little CED timer is also outstanding.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

I'm in on a M2