Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Got a new rangefinder with a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Bronze Member

Got a new rangefinder with a problem

I just got a new swarovski range finder.Im having trouble at times seeing the display (orange)seems to fade in and out.I have replaced the battery but it does not seem to help.Is this normal or is there some way of adjusting the brightness of the display?Even worse did I get a lemon?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Got a new rangefinder with a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman69 View Post
I just got a new swarovski range finder.Im having trouble at times seeing the display (orange)seems to fade in and out.I have replaced the battery but it does not seem to help.Is this normal or is there some way of adjusting the brightness of the display?Even worse did I get a lemon?
The one I had was like that as well but it was usually in fairly bright sunlight. My eyes aren't the best either I'd say they played a part in it as well.

Sorry I wasn't much help on solving the issue.

Nathan
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the world of Swarovski LRF ownership.

No it is not a dud. It is normal.

Need to have fresh batteries at all times.

Need to keep your eye in the centre if the lens to see the orange circle properly.

Before taking a reading wait 3 seconds between pressing the button for the thing to charge up.

If the orange circle disapears altogether. Remove the battery, wait a few seconds and then replace the battery. This resets the thing.

Don't keep pressing the button. Give it time to recharge between shots.

They read a long way but you need to take care with how you use them.
I have tried three and they have all been the same.
Good luck.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Like the others have stated the hard to see reticle is normal. I noticed with the ones I owned that the distance you keep it from your eye can help a lot to see the reticle.

Also if you have one that freezes up and will not produce a reticle and you have to remove the battery and replace it to get it to re-boot. Send it back in and tell them you want a new one. I sent my first one in and they sent it back to austria. When it came back it still did it. So they gave me a new one and it did it too. Then they gave me another and it was fine.

Good luck!

Jeff