Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Glock a good decision??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Gold Member

Re: Glock a good decision??

had to think about this for a while. At the risk of "stiring the hornet's nest", I must say, you can't run fast enuf to give me a glock. Why ?
I grant that they are prob'ly the most "idiot proof" auto loader made, and as such, are not really great in any aspect of handgunning. can they be made to "shoot" sure, but if you want a good,reliable,accurate auto, why not buy one to begin with? Glock became a household name buy "buying" the LE market and flooding large/med/small LE dept's. with inexpensive handguns that entry level officers cold use without "accidental discharge" issues. The best thing about them, they go "bang" almost every time.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBULLET View Post
had to think about this for a while. At the risk of "stiring the hornet's nest", I must say, you can't run fast enuf to give me a glock. Why ?
I grant that they are prob'ly the most "idiot proof" auto loader made, and as such, are not really great in any aspect of handgunning. can they be made to "shoot" sure, but if you want a good,reliable,accurate auto, why not buy one to begin with? Glock became a household name buy "buying" the LE market and flooding large/med/small LE dept's. with inexpensive handguns that entry level officers cold use without "accidental discharge" issues. The best thing about them, they go "bang" almost every time.
So what is your recommendation then? 1911 style? I'm hard on equipment so thats why I was thinking Glock. But please give me details..
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

For your viewing pleasure!

TAC-TV Episode 13: The Glock Torture Test

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBULLET View Post
I think there is a big difference between a handgun used for self defense and one used for purposes such a those described by the OP. in the right hands, for its intended purpose, the Glock gets the job done as well as any other handgun. It just doesn't have any kind of character, and looks cheesy.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Gold Member

It might be because i'm old, but prefer a "steel" gun. Have several and use according to what I'm doing, truck/horse guns are Colt 1911 or S&W 9mm.
Not a fan of the 10's or 40's, no bad, just not my preference. for target work/serious accuracy stuff I have Stainless
High Standard
(made in texas)6" bbl SS custom shop tack driver with all the "bells and whistles", but for overall fun/plinking/small game hunting, I use the Sig Mosquito.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

My hands dorm favorite is a 1911 Colt Combat Competition in 45ACP. 20 years never let me down! Feeds everything, does everything.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Silver Member

Great choice. I have the 20 SF and 29 SF. I find the 10mm much more enjoyable than the .40........different type of recoil.

It's a bad azz round and Glocks are very reliable and low maintenance.