Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Forester Case trimmer / Neck turner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 05:38 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Forester Case trimmer / Neck turner

WE I had been looking at this for some time now and finally purchased it. Basically it is sold as 2 separate things. The case trimmer is one unit with the neck turning attatchment. Previously I had the RCBS case trimmer and the Sinclair neck turner.
I have to say that I am completly impressed with Foresters product. Top quality and construction.
Actually with a little creativleness you can accuratly and quickly turn and trim your new case in one step. Instead of 2 separate.
The other nice thing is that the turning cpabilities are on a crank style handle that makes it very easy to control and turn. I actually like it better than the sinclair turner with power adapter.

feel free to ask any question you have...

Just thought I let everyone know that I feel this is an excellent product.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:49 AM

Re: Forester Case trimmer / Neck turner

I too have recently purchased a Forester trimmer. I needed to remove a donut on the inside of my 6.5x284 neck. RCBS have a single flute, one cutting surface reamer—where Forester is more like a reamer, 5 cutting surfaces. Makes removing those donuts very smooth.

Nice piece of equipment
Old 08-18-2003, 10:20 AM

WyoWhisper,

Thank you for your assesment of the Forester case trimmer. I have been looking at that and maybe the Redding for some time.

Since you don't seem to need the power adapter, what other things do you need to order at the same time to put you in business? What about the shellholder or trim collets? BM
Old 08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
*WyoWhisper*

The Shell holder "collet" the one size fits most all cartridges ..

you do need the various caliber collets for the .224 cal. , .243, .264, .308 etc...

I got all my collets the trimmer the outside neck turner .. basicall every thing to trim and turn for 6 different rifles for about $150.....

I kinda figured out a way to trim and turn at the same time I don't know if it was designed that way but it works!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Gold Member

Sounds like you need some 6.5 WSM brass to break in that new trimmer! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 06:09 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Got that right!!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:40 PM

Speaking of WSM's, I have a 7mm and suppose the Forester doesn't care if it's a fat case or not. BM