Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Excellent news about Coppermelt!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Excellent news about Coppermelt!

I doubt it.
It is natural to have it make a pishht sound like opening a plastic Coke bottle.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> FWIW, Canada has pretty strict safety rules. But neither the US nor Canada require toxicity data on solvents.... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually that is incorrect. Employees (GG for instance) must have "ready access" to MSDS's while they are in their workplace. No offense to GG, but any company too bush league to keep up their web site won't get my vote of confidence. I've fleshed out a test to determine if 26 degree baume ammonia damages stainless steel barrel. The chemists want me to also test a leading conventional copper remover. I'd love to test CopperMelt but I doubt they even have a working phone if they can't keep their web site up. Web site hosting is cheaper than a monthly phone bill. I'm going to publish an article about copper removal and I can't hardly say the only source is the trunk of GG station wagon (even if it's really his truck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 08-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> FWIW, Canada has pretty strict safety rules. But neither the US nor Canada require toxicity data on solvents.... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually that is incorrect. Employees (GG for instance) must have "ready access" to MSDS's while they are in their workplace. No offense to GG, but any company too bush league to keep up their web site won't get my vote of confidence. I've fleshed out a test to determine if 26 degree baume ammonia damages stainless steel barrel. The chemists want me to also test a leading conventional copper remover. I'd love to test CopperMelt but I doubt they even have a working phone if they can't keep their web site up. Web site hosting is cheaper than a monthly phone bill. I'm going to publish an article about copper removal and I can't hardly say the only source is the trunk of GG station wagon (even if it's really his truck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So does no one have contact info for this fellow??

MSDS would be greatly appreciated -- scan and email please [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I can't hardly say the only source is the trunk of GG station wagon (even if it's really his truck )

[/ QUOTE ]

WHy not? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Trust me, after you try this stuff you won't care if it came from my trunk, 7 eleven, or the black market. You will just want more of it!!

PS. THere is a steady stream of it and the supply has not ended since Mr. Hunter re-aquired the whole company. When his shifty business partner left was when all the "bush league" stuff started because Mr. Hunter was the lab guy and had never run an entire company by himself before. He recovered pretty well in my opinion considering the mess his partner left for him.

Anyhow, there is a distributor who has lots of it. They have a phone number and a website, and anyone who wants some can get some anytime and they don't even need the key to my trunk! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

Old 08-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
So does no one have contact info for this fellow??

[/ QUOTE ]

No. THe actual creator of the product is running from any number of problems caused by his ex-business partner so he crashed the website, disconnected his phone, and moved back to Canada. He only makes business contacts with retailers who were his first good sellers of COppermelt. His favorite is Payson Sports and Trophy here in Utah and he contacts Scott several times a month to check his supply.
Pull it
Dump it

Old 08-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Bronze Member

I can't tell you what's in it but I can tell you that if you get a wiff up your nose, it'll feel like it's eating your sinuses, like VERY strong ammonia.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Right...so we cant actually talk to the guy making it...thats normal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well, i should have some in my hands to try soon ...[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WOW,
JB