Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Eberlestock X1 Pack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 03:36 AM

Re: Eberlestock X1 Pack

Good review-- I have had my X1 for a short time and really enjoy its flexability. My rifle (24" barrel) fits very well.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Here's my thoughts on the x-1 eberlestock.

If you look at a side profile of a person the middle of your back and your butt stick out.
The inward curvature of your lower back gets spanned/bridged over b/c the rifle is pulled against the middle of your back and against your butt.
So the pack does not ride close enough to the your body -the more you put in it the more it pulls you over backwards.

Mine is good for pred calling and overnighters but if you start loading it up the rifle stays in hand.
I'm going to get a kifaru gunbearer and try it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Roy, get a Kifaru. There's one that will work for you and having the gun at hand in front of you is so much faster and anatomically better for you than what Eberlestock does. I don't have the time to go into the whole discourse--see below link--, but from what I've seen Eberlestocks don't hold a candle to Kifaru unless you want to use Eberlestocks 'sniper mat' and play sniper. Just my opinion.

http://tinyurl.com/26mfsv

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-21-2007, 07:25 AM

Post deleted by Len Backus

Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Ric ,

The kifaru's are gauranteed for life to the original owner.I have a hard time coughing up the money for a kifaru or mystery ranch but that day is coming.
I don't remember ever buying anything that was -top of the line- and regretting it that's for sure.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Bronze Member

I am sure the eberlestock packs were tested properly. they are made in Idaho and the owner of the company hunts quite a bit. I have been using the just one pack for a couple of years and im impressed so far. It does work great to shoot off of, packs all my gear and still has room to pack out game. The only thing i dont like about mine is if its full of meat/gear the gun wont be going in or coming out of the scabbard without a bit of work. It is nice to put your gun in the pack while hiking out. I dont hunt with it in there thats for sure.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 AM

Post deleted by Len Backus