Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Coppermelt, what am I doing wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Coppermelt question for Goodgrouper

The part about not using the leftover liquid in the reservoir of the pipette is not true in my experience (just so long as the pipette itself stays clean) as I have been squirting the rest back into the bottle everytime I have used it.

The part about using the supplied pipette is absolutely true as Boman found out. You could use another pipette or dropper of some kind but you <font color="blue"> MUST </font> know it is sterile.

There should be two sheets of paper with your bottle. Both just describe the product and care of the product and the cleaning method.

Here's what I do:

I bought a screw-lid water bottle from Nalgene (any bottle will do) and I put the pipette in it along with the whole can of Coppermelt. When using the product, I take the lid off, suck up as much liquid into the resevoir as possible, then put the lid back on the bottle of Coppermelt and put that can back into the water bottle. Then as I am using the pipette, I set it down on a clean surface and if I am outside, I set it down where the wind can't blow it off into the dirt. After using what I need to clean the gun, I squirt the rest of the resevoir back into the can and put the pipette and can back into the water bottle and tighten the lid.

Don't worry about cleaning in the heat, the cold, or the direct sunlight. It won't hurt it a bit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helps and please give us a report when you're done. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

thanks, GG I didn't get the papers with it, I thought I could get it on the website but I can't seem to get it to work. I will use your method of storing it and using it. Would it be a good idea to flush the pipette with some alcohol to be safe? Then flush it thoroughly with water, and then dry?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

No, just use it as is. It's already been sterilized.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

Well, the UPS truck finally got over the Appalachian mountians and came by my house today.

Tell Scott I said "thanks"