Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

which Chronograph to buy for indoor shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

which Chronograph to buy for indoor shooting

looking to get a new one. i will be using it outside and indoors which one should i look at.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: which Chronograph to buy for indoor shooting

The CED Millenium chronograph has an infra red optional extra which will allow you to use it indoors. It is the only chrono that I am aware of that will allow you to use it indoors.

I have been using the basic CED for about 4 years, and have been thinking about purchasing the IR. Brian.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
SPONSOR

I have one w/the IR and it works as advertised. I've never had it miss a reading w/the IR on.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

the CED Millenium chronograph is the one im looking at so all i have to do is buy the infa screens for it and its good to go
Old 06-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Gold Member

All chronographs can be used indoors... its just florescent lighting they have trouble with. Even under flourescents, if you put a strong incandescant lamp over them they will still run fine.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM

I use the top of the line PACT. The infrared kit sure beats hanging bulbs like the good old days. Outdoors even the sun going behind a cloud can affect your results. It will run on two 6 volt lantern batteries if you have no power. Other pluses are the printout of all your info. None of them are perfect so get the best one your pocket can stand, but for goodness sakes stay away from the cheapies. Look into what the cost is to R&R the skyscreens.....for certain you shooting buddy WILL hit one. We use mine indoors to ensure the competitors are making power factor. All in all, ask around & watch someone use one.

The PACT has been a workhorse.....helped me get my degree(ballistic sciences). The BIG drawback is the cost of the heat sensitive paper you will need for printouts. Note that the printouts fade with time so use a log book like the one MTM sells. A good chronograph will make you a better shooter & reloader! The PACT Pro comes with the infrared & screens built into the kit too.