Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Chris Matthews of LSR has "Pimped my Rifle".

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

Chris Matthews of LSR has \"Pimped my Rifle\".

Iím as happy as a New Dad. I had Chris do his magic on an 700 bdl and this is the Metamorphosis. I can't say enough good things about Chris and his work, "truly outstanding". The fit and finish is superb. It is a 300 Win Mag w/a Broughton 26'' 5R barrel .940 at muzzle, Badger Brake, H-S Precision mag sys, McMillan A-5 adj, Jewell trigger and a Badger Lug. I have an IOR 9-36x56 scope on it's way to top it off. As soon as I get it mounted range pics will follow. The bad news is for Chris is now he will have to put up w/me and all of my new rifles in the future, I.e., 6.5x284, etc, etc [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Thanks for the great work Chris.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Chris Matthews of LSR has \"Pimped my Rifle\".

DaddyRabbit:

Great looking rifle. Looks like Chris did his usual fantastic work. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner.

Post more pics when you get the scope mounted.

I like your choice of stock. I have the same stock and bottom metal going on a new gun later this summer.

Also keep us posted on the range results as you progress.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Bronze Member

We'll do. The IOR man is on vacation till the end of the month so the wait is going to kill me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I will go the same A-5 stock on my next project, (6.5x284) but I don't quite yet know what color I want yet. What caliber are you going with?

[ QUOTE ]
DaddyRabbit:

Great looking rifle. Looks like Chris did his usual fantastic work. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner.

Post more pics when you get the scope mounted.

I like your choice of stock. I have the same stock and bottom metal going on a new gun later this summer.

Also keep us posted on the range results as you progress.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2005, 06:13 AM
PUBLISHER

So,Daddy...How does your wife feel about sharing the bed with a new rifle? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member

I can't realy tell but is your barrel the same diameter as your action or is it smaller?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Bronze Member

Hey, a mans gotta have his priorties in order. Kick the wife out of the bed and snuggle up to your new rifle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
So,Daddy...How does your wife feel about sharing the bed with a new rifle? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Bronze Member

I can say it is as close to being as large as the action as you can get as it appears to me.
[ QUOTE ]
I can't realy tell but is your barrel the same diameter as your action or is it smaller?

[/ QUOTE ]