Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

CED Millenium 2 Chronograph Advice Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Re: CED Millenium 2 Chronograph Advice Needed

Yes, I am using the infrared lighting setup and it is always in the shade, so I doubt the sun has anything to do with it. Anyway, I've been in contact with Charles via email and this is his response I received today:

The ERROR if you got a reading was not for missing the sensor, but because it detected two impulses. Normally, the reading is accurate, but the error is due to it picking up a second impulse after the first. Since you got a reading, the second impulse was caused by a variable. That sensor is slightly more sensitive than the other if your errors were always E0. I will send you a new replacement sensor for you to try next time you get this at the range. Hopefully, the components in that one will be slightly more in tolerance range for your high velocities. Since I am still traveling in Asia this week, can you give me again your full name, address, and contact number and I will ask my USA office to send you a sensor. Then, when you get the ERROR next time, swap the sensor out and see if it resolves the problem for you.

Respectfully,

Charles Hardy - CED

This is excellent customer service in my opinion. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

phorwath,

I agree, it's frustrating, especially when working up loads and touching the max end of the scale. Oh well, as with anything new, there is always the chance of getting a faulty part but I'm confident these guys will get it figured out.