Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Which case?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Bronze Member

Which case?

Going to get a new deployment case. Question is do I get the Pelican 1750 or the DoskoSport Case Guard All Weather (AW) series. They both have almost identical dimensions, both have the same features, and looks like both are designed to have the foam insert cut for a custom fit. The Doskosport is about $150.00 cheaper, but the Pelican looks to be sturdier (weighs 9 lbs more) and has a warranty. I would like the Pelican because I know it's tried and true but if I can get essentially the same case for half the price then I can always find something else to spend the cash on. Any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Which case?

I dont have any experiance with the dokosport case, so cant speak for it. I do use the pelican often and love it. It is heavy, but it does the job I bought it for very well. It keeps water, dirt and mud off my rifle when on my 4wlr and protects it when I roll it. It is quite expensive, but how expensive is your rifle??

Regards! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

Starlight cases If you want the best, then this is it, hands down the best! Read the tests they give it. This is the real deal in a MIL spec case. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] web page Starlight cases
Old 06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Silver Member

Brownell web page Brownel's has them cheaper and they have flat rate shipping. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

Johnny5,
I bought my Starlight case at Sams Club. I know some of the stores still carry them. I paid like $130 for mine. Check online too. I love the case. There is a review of it on snipercountry too. good luck.