Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Bore Tech Proof Positive Bore Stix experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Bore Tech Proof Positive Bore Stix experience?

I got my stuff also, haven't used it yet tho, stole some from dad over the weekend
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

You didnt use some of his beloved Bore tech eliminator did you?? Haha, nice 5.56 BTW

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

I've had trouble with them coming apart if I had to tap a stuck patch through.

The Montana Extreme design is a stronger design in this regard I think:

Products Montana X-Treme

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
I've had trouble with them coming apart if I had to tap a stuck patch through.

The Montana Extreme design is a stronger design in this regard I think:

Products Montana X-Treme
I guess time will tell.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
You didnt use some of his beloved Bore tech eliminator did you?? Haha, nice 5.56 BTW
I did and I had to put my foot in my mouth, because when I got there i was telling him I found something better (gunzilla) and you should have seen the grin on his face when that bright blue patch came out of the barrel.
Love ya dad! haha

if I could only get the 5.56 to shoot better than four inches at 154yrds......
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-Gun View Post
I did and I had to put my foot in my mouth, because when I got there i was telling him I found something better (gunzilla) and you should have seen the grin on his face when that bright blue patch came out of the barrel.
Love ya dad! haha

if I could only get the 5.56 to shoot better than four inches at 154yrds......
Haha thats funny , what rods does he use? I am sure you will get that gun shooting, i read up on some of your long range shots on game and i am impressed.

I'm 15
~George Washington

~ JE Custom

Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Bronze Member

We have tiptons but I recently picked up a gun slick that I like better than the Tipton (on the handle anyway) because the tiptons back button where you usually pust is directly attached to the rod so if you push there the jag does not follow the lands... High priced rods for such a rookie mistake. My new gun slick doesn't have this issue but by no means is it a high priced unit.

Thanks for checking out our shooting. Lots of practice and a great teacher/spotter made all those shots possible. I was actually preping brass for reloading with dad and got to thinking. The first three emptys in the case I knew were the last three of load development with the 230gr tactical hybrid otm Berger when it first came out and therest of the 38 had put something in a freezer. The gun has a pretty good record going....