Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions


Reply

Bore Tech Eliminator

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Bore Tech Eliminator

I just though I would provide a report on this bore cleaning product. I was shooting with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I fired three different loads (two factory and one handload) through my 300 WSM to check it's accuracy after coming back from the factory. I cleaned the bore after each different load. 10 rounds of Winchester 180 PP, 5 Rounds of Fed 180 ABs and 5 rounds of handloaded 180 E-tips.

I borrowed some of my friends Bore Tech Eliminator and that stuff worked fast and great. I pushed through two wet patches which turned each patch blue instantly, scrubbed with a few strokes of a nylon brush and dry patched. Repeated the process a second time which left the barrel very clean. I am sold on this stuff for use at the range because it works so fast. Will still use Wipeout at home when I dont have time constraints.

FYI

-MR

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 05-02-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 7,940
Re: Bore Tech Elimator

I agree, Joe Starnes of "Long Shot Percision" and Mugnus turned me on to it. I have shelves full of others but none come close to Boretech Eliminator. Clean with your favorite then use two wet patches of boretech let it set 5 min and another wet one. That will show you what your other stuff in leaving behind. I start with Slip 2000 for carbon though. These two two gether makes the bore smooth as silk and free of carbon and copper. PLUS!! they won't damage the bore like strong amonia cleaners can.

.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: Bore Tech Elimator

Yup... no amonia.

One thing necessary to do after (so I have been told) is to coat the inside of your bore as the bore tech completly strips it. It's necessary to put a protective coat on to prevent oxidation.

My plan is to clean at the range with bore tech if necessary then follow up with a treatment of Wipeout at home. Wipeout leaves a protective residue on the bore.

http://www.boretech.com/products/eliminator.shtml
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,512
Re: Bore Tech Elimator Vs KG-1 KG-12

I was glad to see this thread. Bore Tech Eliminator is a product I have consistently read good things about. I have not used it, but over the past 3 weeks, I have cleaned my bores ~100 times using the KG bore cleaning products. I went through a 4 oz bottle of KG-1 and a 4 oz bottle of KG-12. As I wrote in another post, the KG products kick butt, in my opinion. KG-1 & KG-12 are the best carbon remover and copper removers I've ever used. As with Bore Tech Eliminator, the KG products contain no ammonia. You can leave the KG products in contact with the bore for extended periods without worrying about bore corrosion

The purpose of my post isn't to hi-jack this one and begin a KG products discussion. What I hope to learn is if either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has used both the KG products and Bore Tech Eliminator. If so, I'd really like to receive an opinion on a comparison of these two bore cleaning products.

I tried KG products because they were also getting very positive reviews on a number of Forums. I also use WipeOut. I've used Barnes CR-10 and a number of other products over the years also. WipeOut works very well for me when I don't need to clean and shoot quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,782
Re: Bore Tech Elimator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I just though I would provide a report on this bore cleaning product. I was shooting with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I fired three different loads (two factory and one handload) through my 300 WSM to check it's accuracy after coming back from the factory. I cleaned the bore after each different load. 10 rounds of Winchester 180 PP, 5 Rounds of Fed 180 ABs and 5 rounds of handloaded 180 E-tips.

I borrowed some of my friends Bore Tech Eliminator and that stuff worked fast and great. I pushed through two wet patches which turned each patch blue instantly, scrubbed with a few strokes of a nylon brush and dry patched. Repeated the process a second time which left the barrel very clean. I am sold on this stuff for use at the range because it works so fast. Will still use Wipeout at home when I dont have time constraints.

FYI

-MR
That works for me. If I clean at the range I use Bore Tech Eliminator... Awesome! If I clean at home I use wipe-out Accelerator following by
the regular wipe-out. Excellent products.
__________________
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: Bore Tech Elimator Vs KG-1 KG-12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
I was glad to see this thread. Bore Tech Eliminator is a product I have consistently read good things about. I have not used it, but over the past 3 weeks, I have cleaned my bores ~100 times using the KG bore cleaning products. I went through a 4 oz bottle of KG-1 and a 4 oz bottle of KG-12. As I wrote in another post, the KG products kick butt, in my opinion. KG-1 & KG-12 are the best carbon remover and copper removers I've ever used. As with Bore Tech Eliminator, the KG products contain no ammonia. You can leave the KG products in contact with the bore for extended periods without worrying about bore corrosion

The purpose of my post isn't to hi-jack this one and begin a KG products discussion. What I hope to learn is if either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has used both the KG products and Bore Tech Eliminator. If so, I'd really like to receive an opinion on a comparison of these two bore cleaning products.

I tried KG products because they were also getting very positive reviews on a number of Forums. I also use WipeOut. I've used Barnes CR-10 and a number of other products over the years also. WipeOut works very well for me when I don't need to clean and shoot quickly.
Paul,

I read your thread and that gave me the idea to post this thread for informational purposes. I haven't used the KG 1 or KG 12 yet but I have read some good stuff about them. So I wouldn't be able to compare the products. I might get some to try a comaprison unless someone has already done that.

All I know is that I was very impressed with the Bore Tech.

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 05-02-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: Bore Tech Elimator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
If I clean at home I use wipe-out Accelerator following by the regular wipe-out. Excellent products.
Eaglet, can you explain this to me... are there two Wipeout products?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Bore Tech Eliminator
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bore Tech Eliminator goodgrouper Equipment Discussions 36 06-22-2009 08:47 AM
338 lapua bore tech 245 qqqq33 Reloading 0 05-03-2009 10:05 PM
Bore Tech LR bullets BountyHunter Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 1 01-10-2009 09:15 PM
Bore Tech V3 - Anyone Know Anything? .338 BC of 0.869 elkregulator Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 4 10-21-2008 06:43 PM
Bore-Tech cleaning rod Guns For Sale 2 01-26-2004 10:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC