Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Bore Tech Eliminator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Bore Tech Eliminator

I had a chance to use this product over the weekend and was impressed. Next to Coppermelt (which seems to be done for awhile) this Eliminator works better than anything else I've used. It doesn't smell too bad, and contains no ammonia. It is water soluable and beats the pants off Wipeout and Butch's Bore shine in the cleaning time department. Wipeout is too messy and can't be used to clean inbetween shoots (unless the accelerator is used) but Eliminator will clean choked up barrels in about half the time. I even tried it in a barrel that was supposedly "clean" that had been scrubbed for 15 minutes with Butch's and Eliminator showed two lands that had just a hint of copper left in there.

Once the supply of Coppermelt runs out, Bore tech Eliminator will be the copper remover of choice for me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Bore Tech Eliminator

Where do you get it?
Thanks
Mark
Old 08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Silver Member

Wipe out is certainly something you don't want to take to the range with you for a fast cleaning thats for sure. It is a little messy too.

Does the BT Eliminator remove carbon fouling too? If it does I would buy some to try.

Thanks
Frank D
Old 08-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member

I was using the Eliminator in 2004 and thought it was working very good. At the nationals, Tim North (Broghton barresl) had his borescope set up with video and looked at my barrel after I just cleaned it and it looked like a "gold mine" in their.

Danny Huffman from Montana Extreme was there and gave me a bottle of their new 50 BMG. took it back and ran it in the bore and let it set. Guy on the bench next to me asked "what did I just put in my bore as solid blue was running out of it."

Bottom line is 10 minutes later the borescope showed absolutely no copper with the 50 BMG.

I and most other 1k shooters are using BMG over the eliminator.

Montana Extreme has a copper creme that cuts carbon and moly that is great also.

BH
Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member

Wipe-out isn't messy if you use it right [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

www.6mmbr.com/jbwipeout.html

JB
Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Silver Member

I'm a satisfied 50 BMG user too. You just have to be careful around the stuff since it's so strong. You definitely don't want to put your nose over an open bottle of it.

One thing I have found with 50 BMG is that it's so strong you can get blue color on your patches from your jags and even nylon brushes if they have a brass core. I now apply it using a bore mop with steel core. Then to test for sure whether there's copper present, after about 10 minutes I push a patch through with the mop. This way I get no false indications from a brass jag.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Gold Member

For fast cleaning sessions, that 50-BMG is awesome. Ive got a whole lot of cleaning solvents collecting duts because of that stuff. Sweets, CR-10, coppermelt (not technically gathering dust... went to another shooter), Boretech elliminator, hoppes BR copper solvent, Shooters choice, proshot3, and 4 copper solvents... and probably another one or two that ive forgot. Wipeout (with accelerator) and 50-bmg is all that see the light of day when its time to tackle copper fouling these days.