Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Bore Tech C4..... A+!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Gold Member

Re: Bore Tech C4..... A+!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
That's what I use and they seem to do the job. I like the idea of Bore techs with the solvent applicator opening.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member

Korhil78, which boretech rod do you use? is it the V-Stix? like this Bore Tech V-Stix 1-Piece Cleaning Rod 22 Cal to 6.5mm 44 Coated Steel

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member

I have never used the v stix. I use the proof positive ones. I have a .17 cal, a 243-270 cal one and a 338 cal one. I don't have a .22 cal or a .30 cal rifle so I don't have those rods. They are expensive but they are super nice and tough. They won't give you a false copper reading either since they have a proof positive tip. I am sure that the v stix are very nice as well but I can't say for sure because I have never used them. I am pretty sure that I don't have as many rifles as you do so I don't have to buy as many different rods for the diff cals.

What I did was buy one of the nice proof positive cleaning rods when I bought some boretech solvent. Then when I ran out of solvent, I would order another rod for a different caliber when I ordered more solvent.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member

the proof positive ones were the ones i was leaning towards. Thanks for your help!

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/