Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Borden Alpine pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Gold Member

Borden Alpine pics

For those of us whove been waiting,I noticed Jim had some pics of the alpine posted on his site.Looking pretty good.

http://www.bordenrifles.com/Alpine_T..._actions.shtml
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Gold Member

Re: Borden Alpine pics

Still more than a Stiller "Predator".
Old 10-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Gold Member

Well...true.
That is of course,unless you got it ordered during the intro price period. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Silver Member

NICE, but then again everything Jim Borden makes is first class. My question is this? How clone like are these two great actions (borden and Stiller)? Will a rem trigger and bolt fit? I would love to buy one of each, but they must accept both the remington bolt and trigger without modifacations. I realize the actions are better then a stock remmy, but if you need a part or trigger, well I want to be able to get it without the worry of either of these actions being "no longer available".

Doug
Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Gold Member

As for the Stiller actions, they take Remington triggers. I can't say for sure but, I'd be really suprised if Jim Borden made his actions to take anything other than Remington style triggers.The bolts on all of the Predators that I have barreled look just like Rems. They are hard chromed with a "frosty" finish. I do like the ejection port modifications that Stiller made on his actions. Looks like a 6.5 x 284, with long bullets, will work through a short action.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Bronze Member

Answer to your question on Triggers/Bolts for Jim Bordens actions - I know for sure that the Timberline (long action) will accept a Remington style trigger, as the one that I have ordered from Jim will have a Timney trigger (in the style of a Remington trigger - Jim indicated to me that he recommends Timney). FYI. Bolts, I have no idea about, but one of the primary reason I am ordering a Borden action is that it will be blueprinted/made by Jim.... so this is a moot point for me - I can see the validity of your concern though.

EZ