Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Bipod decision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM

Bipod decision

Hi all, Brand new member here. Just put together a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP. Want to put an Atlas Bipod on it but cant seem to find one thats compatible with a sling. Gun will be used for hunting. any suggestions?? Thanks, Bigmuleyhunter
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bipod decision

Harris bipods are a standard for hunting and Caldwell bipods are a close copy and very functional. Len has a pretty neat Caldwell bipod for sale on this site that already has bipod lock installed. Really nice and at a good price.

If I were going to for a Caldwell, I would get the one below just for the bipod lock.

Caldwell XLA Bipods
Old 12-03-2013, 01:40 AM

You can mount a Magpull rail on the forearm. Use one hole for the sling swivel. They are about $5. The rails are about 2 1/2 inches long and very low profile.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member

Seekin makes a SRS rail, pict. style for the QD plates on Atlas that are nice then you just move bipod rifle to rifle. takes seconds with QD, has a sling hole you can run front or back, mine are back as I front carry rifle, like military.