Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

A better mousetrap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

A better mousetrap?

I have good things about the Whidden Bullet pointing die, then I cam across this; Bullet Tipping - Accuracy One Shooting Supplies .

Has anyone used or heard firsthand experience with setup?

I am torn between the two systems, I have 3 calibers, .338, 6.5 and 6mm that I want to redo the points. I have already uniformed the meplats on over 2k bullets.

Thanks,
Ray

If anyone wants to rent me either setup, I would appreciate it. I would like to see first hand before spending the big bucks.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 AM
SPONSOR

Re: A better mousetrap?

They both do the same thing. The Whidden I feel is a little easier to use and set up though. There were some legal issues with Hoover tipping tool over patent rights, I don't what ever happened with that. Both the Hoover trimmer and tipper are knock offs of someone elses product idea without re-inventing the wheel or improving it. I'd recommend the Whidden.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Re: A better mousetrap?

Thanks, I placed an order for the Whidden system yesterday.