Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Best Muzzle Brake??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 AM

Re: Best Muzzle Brake??

David Tubb's uses and adjustable one. If You don't know who David is go to Superior shooting systems.com I use the Que Industries from brownells it's so good that browning arm's bought the rights to it. If You would like to see how it works go to browning's web site and look at the boss system video
Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

No disrespect intended to Mr. Tubb, but his stuff does not impress me at all. No doubt the man can shoot! But I have tried a few of his, well products and a DVD and for me, they sucked. Just my two cents.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Gold Member

Can't argue about the small barrels, I use only heavy taper barrels at least #5. I have shot a 7mag with a Matthews brake that had very little felt recoil it was on a factory Remington barrel.But I feel sure the brakes that look like they belong on a tank are more effecient... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Hey shawn how about a pic?? Thanks Tod
Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 AM
Platinum Member

Pinshooter check one post below this one titaled Defensive Edge muzzle brakes.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
I'm not trying to pimp my breaks but if you want the best recoil reduction get a baffle designed brake. If it has holes like 20-30 small ones all the way around it won't reduce recoil nearly as much as a baffle design + correctly engineered baffle breaks keep the rifle level under recoil. If you just like the looks of the slim line multi hole breaks that is a different issue. I am about performance. I have been building and designing breaks for close to 10 years. My opinions are just that opinions, but they are developed from the input of customers and the opinions of many end users. What ever one you go with be sure you buy it for what you want it to do.
Hello Shawn,

I'm with you, beauty is as beauty does, period. So how does the JP brake compare recoil reduction wise with other baffled brakes you have experience with? The large area for the gasses to push against looks like it would work very well actually counteracting the recoil. Anybody ever actually measure them side by side?

Thanks, Brad
Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
SPONSOR

I have used Shawn Carlock's, Kirby Allen's, and Darrell Holland's (Quick Discharge), and they all work real well.
I have not used Kirby's PK brake yet, but I have used Holland's new Radial brake and it is awesome.

SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...t-by-sam-hall/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsyjQr0Yrc

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no.........they're awake!""