Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Best GPS with downloaded topo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Best GPS with downloaded topo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicofmt View Post
Lowrance iFinder Hunt C works great with MapCreate Topo. I have had Lowrance for 10 years or more, no problems and great customer service if questions. Make sure you get color, or those black lines will drive you nuts trying to decifer. I think it's more user freindly than Garmin, my dad wanted me to set up his Garmin and program it and I had to read the manual twice.
I may just be used to Lowrance, but they do work great! Lowrance Expedition C only has 1000 waypoint memory. Other brands have 12 parallel channel, this Lowrance has 16 parallel channels for easier/faster satellite acquiring plus WAAS for more acurate positioning.
Good luck on the purchase.
+1 for the lowrance !!!!!

I have had several different ones in the past and my main complaint was they were
not very user frendly.

Then I bough the lowrance and love it.Simple to use,good software. and extreamly
accurate with good battery life.

Last year I hunted Elk in a place I had never been and before I arrived I programed
in some way points of places I wanted to hunt according to the topo maps and in
the dark went strait to it.( I found a windmill and tank on the satellite image an
crossed it with the topo pluged in the waypoint and just followed it to the tank.

After hunting I returned to camp that was 4 1/2 miles from the tank with no problems
and noticed that the GPS could differentiate from one side of the trail to the other
( About 3 feet).

I was impressed
J E CUSTOM