Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Benchmade Adamas 2750 Knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Gold Member

Re: Benchmade Adamas 2750 Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I'm more into the rug than the knife actually, I like the pattern. Is it Chinese, Persian or wally world?

Nuthin better than getting out of bed in the morning and putting your fet on a Persian rug.

Frankly, I have a ton of knives but my favorite is my Old Timer Canoe. I beat the hell out of them too.

I don't care for sharpening a knife so a Havalon is my choice for dressing. It gets dull, snap in a new scapel.

Len sells them btw. Stupid sharp.
Flip, you'll have to ask my wife about the rug, all I did was pay for it and haul it. I didn't think it was cheap but she did. We bought it in a consignment shop.

Now the Havalon knife is more my cup of tea than a rug. I've looked at them, and like them. I just haven't justified the price yet, but still looking. If only accurate rifles are interesting then the same thing can be said about sharp knives.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodmar10 View Post
Flip, you'll have to ask my wife about the rug, all I did was pay for it and haul it. I didn't think it was cheap but she did. We bought it in a consignment shop.

Now the Havalon knife is more my cup of tea than a rug. I've looked at them, and like them. I just haven't justified the price yet, but still looking. If only accurate rifles are interesting then the same thing can be said about sharp knives.
Most of my knives get used as a pry bar, screw driver, can opener, digging stick and occasionally they cut things. I have a Havalon in my pack because it's the right color, weight and is never dull. It's not built for abuse but it is sharp. No more stopping to put an edge on the blade which really doesn't last long after it's dulled down. Half the time my pack knives are dull with blood and hair from the year before when I start a hunt but not the Havalon. Very low on the sexy meter but high on the practicality meter.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Gold Member

Mike, I usually carry two knives. I carry a Remington Trapper as my knock-around hard use knife, then I carry the Adams for cutting meat. It's kind of like the third blade on the old Case knives that were etched "for flesh only".
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintH8R View Post
Sweet. You carry your red plastic butt plug around, I'll carry my Benchmade!
Now that's funny.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintH8R View Post
Sweet. You carry your red plastic butt plug around, I'll carry my Benchmade!
Actually, it's in my gear bag. Never leave home without it.....

Kinda of like popping the cork on a wine bottle....

On a more somber note, I've always liked well made knives. Problem is, I tend to loose them so I stay away from expensive ones.