Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Badlands Bino Case/Harness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Badlands Bino Case/Harness

Does anyone have experience with the Badlands bino cases? They make two models and it seems the difference is one has a zipper closure and the other a magnetic closure.
I've had enough of the elastic harness system that I've been using.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Silver Member

Re: Badlands Bino Case/Harness

Love them....love them....love them!!

We have the magnetic model and they work awesome. My 12 year old son has one, right across the board to my 65 year old father. We archery and gun hunt with them. They are comfortable and easy to use. They are fully adjustable so you can have them out of the way when they need to be. They are a excellent purchase.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

I use and love the magnetic one. Quiet and discreet, still there when I need em. two weekends ago out coyote huntin I actually ran one of the bino case straps through the belt loop on my rangefinder case. So now both binos and RF are close at hand. Handy especially when I wear carhartt bibs, makes it hard to get to a RF if it's on my belt/waist...

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

As long as you stand up they're great. Do some belly crawling and they're not so hot. The top straps are positioned so the top of the harness tips out several inches, even when standing. Tips way forward when belly crawling and because of the way they open, they will drop your $1500 binos into the dirt if you go thru much of any brush.
I took a razor knife to mine and re positioned the top straps. World of difference. Also cut all the extra layers of foam and cloth off the thing.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole View Post
I've had enough of the elastic harness system that I've been using.
What dont you like about the harness setup??
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Hey Sully, there are several things I don't like about the stretch band harness system- they bounce while walking- they drag on the ground while crawling- bino's are out in the open and subject to the elements.

I am concerned the magnetic ones may open up while crawling but I'm still leaning towards the magnetic model. I see that Sitka makes one as well but with a zipper closure. Anyone use these?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Bronze Member

Western Hunter Magazine recently did an article reviewing bino cases. It was a great article and included the Badlands model. I personally love my Alaskan Guide Series harness.