Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Anyone use Wipe Out by SharpShoot-R??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 06:40 PM

Re: Anyone use Wipe Out by SharpShoot-R??

Sure, I'll take the spare can! If you read the directions and see the attachments, you'll find that you can apply from the breech as well as the muzzle; usning the applicator tip. The whole idea is to coat the bore, and I can't think of a better way than with this foam.... Thanks to everyone for your input. Will order a case for myself.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:13 PM

marc357,
How many cans are in a case and if you don't mind me asking how much was it? Curious if you get a discount for buying a case.
TIA,
Wayne
Old 07-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Silver Member

Another positive vote--absolutely wonderful stuff. The less my cleaning rod goes down the barrel the happier I am. My procedure is to patch out the loose crud with kroil on a patch. Put in a o-ring bore guide and shoot the wipeout from the muzzle. (the 0-ring bore guide is in case I overdo it and it keeps excess from going from the barrel to the chamber). Let sit overnite, Patch out wipout. Patch in kroil for storage.
Almost always one application is all that's necessary. Total time for 1 gun---approx 5 minutes.---IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS GUYS!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 08:38 PM

Hi Guys,

I currently use Sweets No. 9 and Barnes copper solvent. This is pretty aggressive amonia that really takes coppoer out of the barrel. However, Barnes warnes not to leave in for more than 5 minutes before removing.

I am curious to know what the main ingredient in this new product is?
Old 07-11-2004, 08:46 PM

Hi Guys,

I currently use Sweets No. 9 and Barnes copper solvent. This is pretty aggressive amonia that really takes coppoer out of the barrel. However, Barnes warnes not to leave in for more than 5 minutes before removing.

I am curious to know what the main ingredient in this new product is?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:37 AM
Bronze Member

Wayne,

There are 12 cans in a case, retail price is 12.99 per can, I believe.

I paid 120.00 for the case, but S&H was 17 bucks or something. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

So I saved a couple bucks, sold 3 or 4 to some buddies, and I am still set for awhile.

I burned up a can right away, cleaned the heck out of every firearm I own.... My Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull? You know how the front of the cylinder on a revolver always gets that "flash burn" on the front, that never comes off all the way? Even got THAT off, looks brand new.

marc
Old 07-12-2004, 07:34 AM

marc357,
Thanks for the info.
Wayne