Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Anybody out their using Weaver GrandSlam Mounts ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 07:39 PM

Anybody out their using Weaver GrandSlam Mounts ??

I'm in the process of setting up a couple rifles for the guys at my deer camp , they want the weaver style mounts but don't want to spend alot on them . I was looking at the weaver GrandSlam mouts as theyr are all steel just wondering if any of you guys have any experiance with them.
I considered Waren but I've gotten several bases that wern't strait , and I got the run around trying to get them replaced so I've kinda writen them off.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Anybody out their using Weaver GrandSlam Mounts ??

Weaver Grand Slam mounts and Warne rings are my preferred method of mounting scopes with excellent results. My shooting is either at the range or bouncing across the South Dakota prairie in search of prairie dog towns. They have been very good for my purposes. Good luck ... Mike
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Bronze Member

I just tried a set for a Rem. 700 LA BDL in 338-06. I installed a S 36 rear and a S 40A front. The rear has the cross slot in front of the front mounting screw, and the front mount is an extention. I like them. Heavy! fit nice and came with Torsx screw heads. Now if we could talk them into making a 20 MOA tapered one piece base with multiple cross slots for about 30 bucks, we would all be happy campers! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2004, 04:03 PM

Well it sounds like 2 votes positive and none against so I guess Brownells will be getting a call tomorrow.

Personaly I use either Ken Farrel bases if their gonna be removable or Leupold Duel Dove tails.