Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Any West Coast Camo Advice: California?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Bronze Member

Any West Coast Camo Advice: California?

Dear west coast experience hunters. I am heading out in mid February for this southern hog killer to try his hand at some west coast leaners! I am very pumped! I will be outside Hollister with guide Mathew McGrough. I am a long range hunter and will have mathew put me in a spot to try to get my first kille at 1000 yards. I figure the plains will offer that shot. Even though at that long of distance camo pattern is not 100% necessary I still may not get offered. Shot and find myself the in need of a stalk.

Can you all give me the best camo for out there? I like technical gear like UA, Archterex, First Lite, Sitka, and Kryptex. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Any West Coast Camo Advice: California?

Grew up hunting Blacktails and hogs in the Coast Range of central California. "ASAT" (all season all terrain) works well.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Any West Coast Camo Advice: California?

Yeah i keep hearing check out the First Lite ASAT for out west.

Thanks bro!

Any advice on hog hunting out west? I am going to try to join the 1k yard club! I have a kill at 750 but my new rifle will go over 1k and I want the plaque! haha

I have killed hogs all over the country and have 8 hanging on my wall at my club. I hear good things about these coastal plains hogs though and am excited. I want and oreo or a red for my wall from out west.

Thanks again.