Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Angle cosine indicators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Gold Member

Re: Angle cosine indicators

[QUOTE=RaymondMillbrae;698735]@ Extreme: Funny. I wrote that I can get everything I need for $250.00...and then you offer me yours for $300.00. ;)

@ Yobuck: I am in California, and we have many hills and valleys. Like I mentioned, I will not be shooting over 600-yards...but I have had to take 2 or 3 extra shots sometimes. So, "Yea"...I do miss because of the angles.

you missed because you missed. no shame in that as it happens to all honest people. at less than 600 yds cousine will play only a very small roll in that.
as for hills and valleys their all over this country and lots of shooters deal with it.
its only been recently since the bandwagon was built and the need for these things exist.
prior to that people got by with learning how to shoot.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Gold Member

They have held up fine. Keep the rubber cover on. I have it corded to the rifle as not to lose. I too really like the dual reading and size as well.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Silver Member

Why dont you buy them from the long range hunting store on this sight. Its a great sight and we all need to support it.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM

Still meditating on everything, and weighing all my options.

In Christ: Raymond
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM

OK, shooters,

here's the deal. I have decided to go with the ACI, but I also want a mount that has the anti-cant device. I will attach a picture of my current set-up. (Remmy 700 LTR [short action .308], and Leupold mount). I also have a Super Sniper 30mm scope tube.

There is a distance of 3/16" inch from the scope tube to the base of the Leupold mount.

I have contacted Shawn from Defensive Edge (click on link), and he told me his product would not work with my set-up. I am not sure why, as he has not answered me back yet. I "think" it is because the space from the scope tube to the scope base (3/16" inch) is not enough for the Night Force bottom scope ring to fit into.

So here's my question, does anyone know of a product that I can purchase to mount an ACI onto my scope?

I know I can go the long way and purchase a "short action" picatinny rail mount...but then the whole set-up will end-up costing me almost $400.00 smacker-roo's. (Not acceptable)! :(

I really have my eye's on this set-up. And I will even purchase a mount that DOES NOT have an anti-cant device if it is my only recourse.

If there is no other way, then I will just keep using the Mildot Master card (while pinching the paper clip attached to the corner), and purchase a nice hunting pack instead.

Thanks, folks!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

Raymond,

That is definitely one of the downfalls to the Leupy setup as well as having a small objective lens. When mounting your scope correctly, you are left with very little room between the scope tube & you scope base. I have a very poor opinion of the Horus Vision mounts, the ACI/ACD is a pretty nice unit but the mounts are chinese child slave labor garbage...

Take a look at the FlatLine Ops ACI w/Strongarm:

Levels | Flatline Ops

These are bad to the bone, Made in the USA QUALITY units. I just installed the 34mm version on my MK4 M5-A after selling Dig my Horus . Was easier to install than any ACD i've ever mounted & i've used several.

WELL worth the $$$$

t

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Raymond,

That is definitely one of the downfalls to the Leupy setup as well as having a small objective lens. When mounting your scope correctly, you are left with very little room between the scope tube & you scope base. I have a very poor opinion of the Horus Vision mounts, the ACI/ACD is a pretty nice unit but the mounts are chinese child slave labor garbage...

Take a look at the FlatLine Ops ACI w/Strongarm:

Levels | Flatline Ops

These are bad to the bone, Made in the USA QUALITY units. I just installed the 34mm version on my MK4 M5-A after selling Dig my Horus . Was easier to install than any ACD i've ever mounted & i've used several.

WELL worth the $$$$

t
Dang,

a $250.00 price range is definitely in my budget!!

It also looks like the bottom part of the mounting ring may fit in between my scope tube and scope mount base. *crossing my fingers*

I will give them a call in a little while.

Thanks again!!