Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Allen Mag Shooters Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Gold Member

Re: Allen Mag Shooters Group -In the interest of sharing info

Speechless! I hope to have 1 as nice as EITHER of those! I really like the barrel on your 7AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Gold Member

here's my piece of kirby magic, 30" 1/9 fluted lilja, richards stock, badger ext and recoil lug, HSP DBM, 4x16x56 XOTIC. chambered in 7mm AM

also ya may wanna shoot some fireform loads along with the COW/cornmeal fireforming, even fireform loads are incredibly accurate.

JS
Old 01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Gold Member

I had my rifle built exclusively in pursuit of our own brand of Varmint. Folks out west and up north have prarie dogs, and ground hogs, and chucks of various sorts. Well we have "prairie hogs", and they require just a bit more downrange energy than the smaller dogs and such. So here is a breakdown of my heavy varminter, and my first custom built firearm ever from APS,

Lilja 1-8 30" # 7 contour
HP Precision stock
Jewell trigger set almost at 1#
Nightforce 5.5x22x50 NP-R2 reticle - (not in the pic but installed on the rifle now)
Burris Signature ringe and base with +20 inserts.
Harris BR bi-pod
Holland Recoil Lug
Some sweet work on the bolt and everything else buy Kirby,

Here is a shot of the 500yd plate with a couple of the 150gr Nosler SB fire form loads grouped in tight, the white spot is 2 1/2" in diameter.

Here are a couple of 169'5s

Here is a 500yd group from the 195gr Wildcats as I walked it in from a 200yd zero. The shots at the top are tw 150's I shot to see the difference in the two. They are running a little faster at 3460 vs the 3150 of the 195's.

Here is a pic of a decent hog I got with it not long after receiving it. The shot was just a tad low but I was learning.

Only thing about these critters and those Wildcat bullets, they are pretty rough on the hogs from close range as you can see, and it only gets better the closer they are. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You can however drop one in their ear as well and not manage to tear them up as bad, but every now and again, I get a little excited, and forget that I might want to eat whats left. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Gold Member

Almost too pretty! But I like......Are there alot of lefties in here or is there a reason Im seeing alot of left handed guns?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

Now this is right down my alley........Nothin but business! thats it! Mike what does it wiegh?
And what brake is that?
And is it single shot or repeater?

Real real close to exactley what I want....

I could live without the Jewel and do a rifle basix....teflon the entire gun...(secret color)....and not sure Id want a #7 ...I know I want more than a #3...getting real close to knowing exactley what I want.

Again thank you all! Dont be shy there more out there lets see em!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

I can't see why you wouldn't want a #7 fluted. My son's 270 WIn w/27" #4 Lilja gets hot after second quick shot. Keep in mind that we're talking LRH here not traipsing around the hills with a carry gun. So far this is my ideal set up. When I used it there was snow every day.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Gold Member

I need some barrels up close and personal.....does anyone know what contur remmy uses on the sendero in 300 win? knowing that would really help me out, giving me something to compare to....And Roy I like your barrel! Alot!

What would a fluted #7 wiegh at 30"?

im goning to get my sedero and my caliper...and a scale.... get this figured out!

When I get back I wanna see more! Mike/Tx whats yours wiegh?