Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Allen Mag Shooters Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Allen Mag Shooters Group

TTT

Thread has been dead for over six months.
Whats wrong, all you guys shoot your barrels out?

What's everyone using as replacements for Richards bullets now that he has sold the business?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
Old 01-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member

I've only used the SMK's in my 338AM. So far so good on 3 elk.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Whats wrong, all you guys shoot your barrels out?

Just training the next generation.

Phil’s 910 Yard Antelope

Practice and Teamwork

First Deer - 707 yards

I have enough Wildcat bullets to last about 10 years.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Wonder why the new owner of Richard's business is not communicating his intentions of producing these same bullets again? Does anyone know? I really like my 270AM w/ the 195s, and had intended on rebarreling to the 7AM and using the 200WC.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Silver Member

btt btt
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

The reason there are no details coming out is because Richard does not want to start a buzz before its a done deal. He has had several potential buyers that said they would take the buisness only to fail to produce the capitol. As such, he does not want to say its sold only to have to say the deal fell through.

The current possible buyer will be very good for all of us if they do happen to make a go of it. I know them and know they would do a great job but its a bit step to take, taking on a business like this.

They are also located in the US so it would make getting bullet componants easier as well and shipping bullets faster and easier also.

Richard does not want to sell it to just anyone. He knows there are many that want to continue to use these bullets and wants to make sure that the new owners are serious so they will be able to supply us a steady supply of bullets.

Believe me, as soon as the deal is done, you will get all the details here on LRH!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Kirby for the explanation. I hope everything works out well. Your rifles with the WC bullets really make a special combination.
Thanks again,
Jett