Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Allen Mag Shooters Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Recent news for ALLEN PRECISION SHOOTING

There will be a new pony in the stable soon. The 410 Allen Magnum and possibly the 410 Allen Xpress as well.

I have found a source for a lead core VLD RBBT 408 bullet and have samples headed my way. The ones I am getting are 420 gr versions with BC predicted to be in the .8 range.

The 410 AM will simply be the 408 CT with the shoulder and body configuration modified to the Allen Magnum configuration, should offer 150 fps over what the standard 408 will offer.

Richard will also be offering 408 bullets if he can ever get his die maker to get the dies figured out and made and on the way.

Just an update on whats new, I predict the 410 AM will be making noise by this spring.

Brass situation is also working out more and more every day. First big order of Jamison 408 cases arrived. THis batch is spoken for by customers but will be placing another order soon. I can not get the same velocity potential out of these Jamison cases as I could with the TTI cases but they allow us to get bullets in the air and with slightly reduced loads, i tlooks like 5-6 firings are possible. 3250 fps aint all that bad with a 300 gr SMK!!!

Just an update. Will post some pics of the 408 sample bullets when they get here.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

TTT:

1kstr
Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Silver Member

To the top.

1kstr.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

More updates from APS.

I have been working with a manufacturer to produce my "Painkiller" muzzle brakes. The first prototypes are supposed to be headed my way right now. These will be about the most aggressive muzzle brake we have seen while still being cosmetically good looking. At this time, there will be two models.

One for my large Xtreme Heavy Sporter rifles. They will have 5 ports very similiar to my standard 5 port Slab brake. Main difference is that the "PK" brake has a 30 degree back angle on the ports. Will they be loud, yep, will they be more efficent at reducing felt recoil, YOU BET!!!

They will work on barrels with a muzzle diameter of 0.825" up to 1.050".

The second brake is a more conventional sized brake. Very similiar to the larger model with its 30 degree back angle on the ports but it will only have three ports instead of 5 and it will also have a small top vent port in each expansion chamber to control muzzle jump. Designed for more conventional barrel sizes. These will work on barrels with muzzle diameters from 0.675" up to around 0.850" diameter.

I will be offering these brakes as loose componant sells as well as actually fitting them to rifles. As soon as I inspect the prototypes and approve them the main production will get the go ahead.

Price has not been set yet on these brakes but we will keep them comparible with current brakes on the market now.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

Pics???
Old 05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

This is the medium size PK brake. You can see the muzzle diameter is slightly oversized for this size of brake but still works fine. This brake is mounted on my Raptor 300 Allen Xpress and recoil is quite comfortable when shooting a 240 gr SMK loaded to 3200 fps.

I am told the large 5 port PK brakes will start showing up later this week.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Silver Member

Sweet, thanks Kirby. I'll have to put one of those on the 7mm AM whenever i can scratch up the dough for the action and get her started