Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Allen Mag Shooters Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

Re: Allen Mag Shooters Group -In the interest of sharing info

yea got that at work.......ooppps! ssshhhh! All I can say is soon real soon.....need to start writing down how I want it! You got pigs alot bigger than my piggies black one was 170 red one in the truck was 190.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Gold Member

Tim and I had close to identical rifles built, mine has the Holland brake on it, his has the same barrel only fluted with Shawn's brake on it, and he has the 3.5x15 Nightforce with the NP-R2.

I think Tims was weighed at 12# and mine went right at 14#.

Between the two of us we knock a dent in the hog population for sure. He has me beat in distance, with his A.M., but I think I still got him on weight with a couple of them. I am very fortunate to have a friend who allows me to share in all the fun we have. Between the fishing and the hunting, we pretty much have the bases covered.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Gold Member

Well Im getting close to knowing exactly what I want.....I have a friend kinda just like that but were gonna start on the does....get tired of JUST BLAM! Another one to skin so LR should make it alot more fun and his Dad's favorite passtime is loading something up a Lil different. And yes he will crank em off up front in the middle of prime time(testing a load at 445 pm) oh well. Deer dont mind we've had deer at a K while sighting in at a 100, They never pick thier heads up. calling box for yotes is on the list also....to bad no piggies up there. Hes selling a 7RUM he's had maybe a month thinking he wants a 300AX....Im going with the 270 in my old LSS for starts then we will see from there.

My 300 win wieghs in at 11 lbs so Ill just have to get used to the lenght.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Gold Member

Nyles,

I noted that you were going to have the trigger set to 3#. I might suggest that you purchase one that is adjustable down to 1.5#. I have noted several instances when shooting out past 500 that it is real easy to pull a shot out of a group when using the heavier set triggers. THere is a real advantage to the light pull on the longer barreled rigs.

Just a thought.

My Photo's

Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Gold Member

Was that on the 270AM or Katies .243? I just opened a file to keep notes in for what I want. I put ADJ Rifle Basix 1-3...Thanks! dont wanna mess this up. Tim just sent me his Kirby pics I hope thats BROWN....doing mine in SAND. You two single shotin?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Gold Member

I have a single shot follower installed, however I can shoot the loads I have for the 150gr FF, and the Wildcats from the magazine if needed. I just haven't found a need for the second shot being in the magazine, that I didn't have time to drop in the second round from the top, and get back into action.

Yes Tim's is brown and black speckled. The pictures look darker than it really is. I was mainly going with the Sendero look on mine but with the reversed color scheme.

My Photo's

Old 01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Gold Member

Done!....What a relief!! Took two weeks but Its ordered! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]