Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Advanced Barrel System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

Advanced Barrel System

Does anyone have any experince or opinion about the carbon wraped barrels from Advanced Barrel System.
I'm looking at building a long range hunter that is light enough to back pack with.
Thanks
Baylor

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Gold Member

Re: Advanced Barrel System

Bayor:

I have a 338 cal bbl on order from them. Mike Rock at Rock Creek Barrels makes ABS"]http://home.alltel.net/mdegerness/products.htm]ABS Barrel Systems[/url] the turned blanks for ABS. They are turned and contoured before they are rifled. Contact Mike Degerness at ABS Systems for more info.

"Let the good times roll"
Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Advanced Barrel System

If you want a carbon barrel then ABS is the way to go. Although their carbon base is a little heavier than Christensen's, their methods of applying the carbon are far superior and tolerances are held much tighter. Advertised also is the ability to cool quicker than Christensen's. I played around with my ABS a little before it got sent to the smith for chambering and I have to say it was very impressive. Straight as could be.
Good luck.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.